Thursday, May 6, 2010

When in Boston (Wedding Dresses II)

BRIAN.  STOP HERE.  Do not pass Go.  Do not collect $200.

Wedding dresses!  Wheeee!

Some warnings are worth repeating:

I'm going to warn everyone now that for whatever reason, everytime I went to try on wedding dresses, my hair was OOC (out of control) and so were my facial expressions.  I think it was because of this that my cousins decided to not include my face for half the pictures.  I think this is pretty much for everyone's benefit.



Virginia and Alice came with me to Priscilla of Boston.  I initially balked at coming here because it seemed to be out of my price range but I agreed to go just to see what my options were.  I really fell in love with a couple of dresses and I loved my bridal consultant.  She was extremely patient and helpful and she had the cutest pumps ever.

My first dress that I really liked on person.  I think it was a lot more flattering in person than in photos but I felt extremely tall and skinny when I put it on.  I forget the exact name of this dress but I think it's from the Vineyard collection.

I loved the back of it (the dress, not my bum)


With a cathedral veil

The next dress - not exactly feeling it.  It might have to do with the elf ears I'm sporting.


Pretty dress...just not exactly the aesthetic I was looking for.  But it was so soft and flowy - if I were to have a beach wedding, I'd consider this dress.

Lacy dress with and without a sash - what a difference it can make.


This next dress is called Kyle from the Vineyard Collection.  I didn't really have any particular feelings toward this dress when I had it on but when I got home and looked at the pictures, this is the one dress that really popped for me from the whole day.  I spent a lot of time looking to see if I could find this dress used...just in case...  so if someone reading this has this dress in a size 0/2 and is willing to resell, let me know!  ;)

Ultimately, I didn't get any of these dresses.  I have to be honest, while I really liked the first dress and belatedly loved the last dress, I just couldn't bring myself to spend the $2K+ on the dresses.  I think for me, I wanted to spend more money towards my guests experience rather on the dress.  It was also right I had paid my credit card bills for Christmas and I was just going through the whole "what have you done???" speech I give myself everytime I pay my credit card bill.  Fear not, readers, for I did find my dress!  And soon!  

What dresses did you guys try on and love but couldn't bring yourself to buy because of your budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment