Monday, January 11, 2010

Venue Location - Final Part (Or Is It....)

I loved loved loved The Charles Hotel.  However, it was just a little too much than our budget allowed.  Even after looking at our budget multiple times and trying to reallocate funds, it just didn't seem to work.  I tried to reconcile myself to the Multicultural Center - which I did like.  However, it just didn't speak to me as much as The Regatta Bar did.

When Brian and I were visiting my parents over Thanksgiving, my mom expressed a LOT of interest in holding a Chinese reception as well.  This was something I had thought about briefly because I did want to pay tribute to my heritage.  Also, growing up watching Chinese dramas, I had always imagined myself layered in gold like a princess and who am I to deny my inner princess?  :-P

I had originally thought we could hold the Chinese reception as part of our rehearsal dinner.  But then my cousins let me know that my mom was disappointed that a lot of her friends weren't invited so Brian and I thought about holding the Chinese reception on its own - AFTER our Western wedding.  That way my mom could invite all her friends and we could shift some of the people we had allocated to the Western wedding to the Chinese reception.  By doing so, we reduced about 25 people from the wedding at The Charles - which significantly brought down our costs at The Charles.

My mother has offered to help pay for the Chinese ceremony so even though overall we are adding some unexpected costs, it has allowed us to pick The Charles Hotel for our wedding - EEEEK!!!!!!  *^___^*

Here are some pics of my mom and dad on their wedding day.  My parents are in the middle holding hands (so cute!).  Plus, in case you didn't know who the bride/groom were, they're wearing the nifty red tags with the word "bride" and "groom" on it.  I can't wait to make Brian wear it (he has no idea!).   I am sure I will somehow "lose" mine before the reception....oops!  :)




The tea ceremony.  I am truly excited about this part because 1. I like tea and 2. I will get to honor my parents and family during the ceremony.  Red packets aren't bad either.



I love how  my dad is looking at my mom in this picture.  My mom has been saving the necklace in the picture for me ever since I've been born.  I can't wait to finally wear it.  And in her words, she's glad she finally gets to gift it because she was worried I was never going to get married.  Oh, Mom....I love you...you're so Asian.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment