Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spreading My STD's!


Hehehhee...I may be 27 but that still makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.

I bought a gocco a few years ago when I first saw them on Weddingbee.  I was utterly smitten with the idea of all the paper goodness I would create with them.  When I first got it, I created Valentine's Day cards for them.  Then for the next two years, that would be the only thing I would create with it.  During that time, Riso stopped producing supplies for the gocco and I was lucky enough to find a bunch of gocco supplies cheap last year at Rugg Road Paper here in Boston.  Sadly, they only have cloth ink now and no more screens or bulbs.  I really wish I had bought triple what I had bought initially.  Damn you, Riso, for discontinuing.  *shakes fist and gives stink eye*

I finally found an excuse to use my gocco again for my STDs.  I'm not a Boston native - I grew up in the middle of CT where half my friends where Red Sox fans and the other half were Yankees fans.  Me?  I like the Mets (I'm horrible at picking sides).  But Brian is a die-hard Red Sox fan and during these past two years with him, I know more about the Red Sox and baseball than I ever ever EVER thought I would.  Consequently, I've become a fan of the Red Sox as well and I wanted to bring a little of Fenway into our STDs.   So I tried to fashion them to look a little like the Fenway scoreboard.

I was also inspired by these STDs so I over Christmas, I took pictures of lil' Brian and lil' me and had Moo cards made.  I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the cards - they come on very thick cardboard and are sturdy and non flimsy.  Also, it comes with a matted finish which I prefer over glossy. I definitely recommend with two thumbs up!




Picture time!

Getting the printout ready to burn to the screen.


Brian snapped just as the bulb went off - quick reflexes!



Me with the successfully burned screen.  Please excuse the lack of make up and tired face.  This was the day after Brian and I went down to Times Square for New Years Eve.  We had stood in Times Square for 8 hours in the cold and then took the train back to CT and then drove back to Boston.  This is what the aftermath looks like - not a pretty sight.  Sorry for the lack of warning - I'm a horrible person.


Inkity-inkity-ink!

I found green bakers twine at Rugg Road also but it can be purchased online on ebay (surprisingly didn't find any on etsy).  I taped the moo cards with double sided tape and enlisted Brian with the sticking.  We also had to hand write the "18" by hand because I tried to do in yellow ink and yellow did not want to stay on the green.  I should have stuck with the white gocco ink but I was REALLY tired of getting ink all over the place - it's messssyyyyy.  Brian and I got a white colored pencil and traced around the moo cards to give it a border and make it more cohesive with the entire card.  I love how it came out - it looks like a chalk outline.  Ta Da!  Finished!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment