Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pretty Maids All In A Row

I knew Brian and I would be having a small wedding party so I automatically knew I'd be asking my 3 cousins to be my bridesmaids.  My two older cousins will be co-maids of honor.  I was g-chatting with my oldest cousin Alice when she asked who my maid of honor would be.  I then realized I had never officially asked anyone and just point blank asked her then.  So much for the plans of hand-making pretty cards...next best plan = gchat  :)  She then immediately asked if her sister Virginia could be a MOH as well which I hadn't thought of but said yes anyway.  The more the merrier!

I then started combing through the web for bridesmaid dresses that all 3 could wear.  I was a little concerned about finding a dress that would also be appropriate for my youngest cousin who will be 15 at the time of the wedding.  I also wanted to find the typical cliche wish for BM dresses: affordable and re-wearable.  That's why I by-passed the traditional BM dress designers and immediately went to Nordstrom.  I found a couple of choices I liked and turned to my trusted Google Docs to create a slideshow for my cousins.  (P.S. More on how much I love Google Docs to come)



I was REALLY relieved when they all said they liked the 2nd option the best by DeLaRue since it was the most affordable and also the one I liked the most.  As a surprise, I bought the dresses for them and gave it to them as a Christmas present.  Luckily, the sizes I bought for them just fit them perfectly but I have since forbidden any of them to lose/gain weight (KIDDING for anyone who thought I meant that - I don't care if they switch sizes with each other, as long as I don't have to buy a new dress - KIDDING again).  But here are their reaction's to the dress which I thought of as a positive reaction.  P.S. Please don't kill me for posting this pic!




No comments:

Post a Comment